- Free WiFi
- Washing machine
“BLUE SEA” is a bright apartment on the second floor of a building placed in a privileged area of Torrevieja: in the Promenade (Paseo Maritimo Juan Aparicio”, just 50 meters from sculpture the “Man of the Sea”. The name of the apartment is because of the intensity of colour which usually the sea has in the area of ”Natural Pools” that is right in front of the building.
The apartment has a pleasant terrace of 7 square meters, facing midday. In addition to sunbathing, it is very pleasant to read, have a meal or a snack, as it has a low table, a small sofa and an armchair.
The entrance of the apartment opens onto a spacious living and dining room, with access to the terrace. There is a comfortable sofa for 3 people, an armchair, and two low white tables in front of the TV. There is also a dining table for up to 6 people. The decoration of, as in the rest of the apartment, is modern and functional.
The kitchen is equipped with ceramic hob, oven, microwave, refrigerator with freezer, extractor fan, coffee maker, toaster, and kettle. In the kitchen is also the washing machine.
Apartment has two bedrooms: each of them have two beds of 190×90 cm, large closet, and are very bright, as both have a wide window.
The bathroom has a shower, sink and toilet. The access to the shower is very easy – even for people with reduced mobility -, and the shower is wide (140×70 cm).
In the house there is iron, hair dryer, and travel cot. It has WIFI.
The building where the apartment is located is attended by a doorman. It has a large hall and a door to the Promenade, and is adapted for wheelchair access.
“BLUE SEA” apartment has an unbeatable location inside Torrevieja. Within a radius of 5 minutes walking you will find: the restaurants, cafeterias and shops of the Promenade, the Marina and Yacht Club, the Casino (traditional place where to take a snack or eat in front of the sea), the hippie market and the fair for children that run throughout the year, the Central Market, Waldo Calero Square.
Also in a 5 minutes walking distance you have every services during the whole year: pharmacy, supermarket, Health Centre, etc.
Torrevieja is a town located in the Costa Blanca, south of Alicante. It has several beaches of white sand and clear water and is surrounded by the protected Natural Park of the Lagunas de la Mata and Torrevieja, 3700-hectare natural area.
The distinguishing feature of the park are its two large salt lakes (Laguna de Torrevieja and Laguna de La Mata) where are flamingos and many other species. Due to the proximity of Salinas, Torrevieja has a microclimate that attracts many tourists from northern Europe spend the winter here.
In recent years Torrevieja has been developed as a tourist destination first class, mainly because of its 320 days of sunshine and average temperature of 18° C, its white sand beaches and clear water, squares and parks, the promenade and historic monuments as the Modernist Casino of the early twentieth century, and outdoor theater “enclosure of the Eras de la Sal”.
The international airport of El Altet (Alicante) is 47 km. And the international airport of Murcia-San Javier 35 km. Torrevieja has good communication by bus to Alicante and Murcia.
Torrevieja is also known by the Roman pier, which is located in La Mata. And the headlights called El Moro and La Mata, used in medieval times to warn the inhabitants from pirate attacks.
Another famous attraction of Torrevieja is the variety of festivals organized here every month. Some of the most famous are the Carnivals they attend thousands of people dressed satiric and humorous way forming a crowd of color and good humor. Easter draws crowds to the streets, roads become popular religiosity. The Good Friday procession at night is the most revered and admired in the East Coast Spanish.
In Torrevieja there are 5 beaches (playas) and natural pools at sea:
- Playa de El Acequión (the closest one to apartment, just 10 minutes walking): it is protected by breakwaters, so the sea is always calm and ideal for children to swim.
- Playa del Cura: beside the Promenade Paseo Marítimo Juan Aparicio. This beach has Qualitur ratings Quality, ISO 14000, ISO 9000 and Blue Flag. In the summer evenings at this beach are typical “Habaneras Evenings”: many people come here to listen Habaneras.
- Playa de los Locos: its name comes from an old mental hospital that was built nearby. This beach also has clear warm waters and fine white sand. It is north of Torrevieja and also has Qualitur quality certification, ISO 14000 and ISO 9000.
- Playa de los Náufragos: south of the town. It has a promenade, car parking and is wheelchair accessible. It has the Qualitur, ISO 14000, ISO 9000, Ecobeaches and Blue Flag certifications.
- Playa de la Mata: is a quiet beach located on the outskirts of Torrevieja.
- Natural pools in the sea (500 m from the apartment): in front of the Paseo Maritimo Juan Aparicio.
To the south of Torrevieja, the coast is full of white sand beaches and crystalline waters: excursions deserve to visit them and test them. Also the Mar Menor (35 km) is ideal for water sports, and Lo Pagán (25 km) for relaxing and medicinal mud baths.
From Torrevieja you can visit Benidorm (113 km), Alicante (60 km), Cartagena (62 km) and Murcia (67 km). There are buses to all these destinations.
The largest shopping center of Alicante was opened in 2012 just 5 km from Torrevieja: it is called “Zenia Boulevard” and has 5,000 parking spaces for cars, around 150 stores like Zara, Guess, Benetton, White, most Store European Primark, H & M, C & A, Druni, Alcampo, Decathlon, Leroy Merlin, etc. There is a large play area for children, a casino, a huge TV screen wil to watch sporting events and other sports. The mall, built outdoors, itself worth a visit and a walk.
Torrevieja area is ideal for cycling because it is completely flat.
Near Torrevieja there are also some interesting cultural visits: Elche (46 km) with its “Palmeral” and “El Misteri” that in August 2012 was rated as World Heritage, Murcia with the museum of the famous sculptor Salzillo (70 km), the Roman city Cartagena, and Orihuela (35 km) where the famous poet Miguel Hernandez was born.
Around Torrevieja there are many Golf Courses. Some of them:
- Las Ramblas (Dehesa de Campoamor, less than 20 km)
- Lomas de Campoamor (Dehesa de Campoamor, less than 20 km)
- Las Colinas (Dehesa de Campoamor, less than 20 km)
- Villamartín (Dehesa de Campoamor, less than 20 km)
- Roda Golf (San Javier, 35 km)
- Golf La Finca (Algorfa, less than 20 km)
- Golf Vistabella (Orihuela, 16 km)
- Golf La Marquesa (Rojales, less than 20 km)
- La Manga Club (La Manga, 70 km)
Francisco and Conchita are the owners of the apartment. One of their daughters is living in Sweden. Thinking that she and her family would like to come to Torrevieja to spend their holidays and enjoy the sun, they bought this apartment and they have refurbished and decorated with affection.
They will be glad that during the periods their daughter is not using it, people all around the world enjoy the apartment and its wonderful surroundings.
Registration number: AT-452685-A