- Free WiFi
- Washing machine
LAS SALINAS is an apartment located on the top floor (5th floor) of a building 100 meters from the beach “Los Náufragos” in Torrevieja. The name of the beach (shipwrecks) seems to be due to some wrecks in the past, as it is near the harbor. Today it is a beautiful beach with all services, access for people with disabilities, and it has the distinctive blue flag since 1996.
The apartment has a wonderful 40 sqm terrace, in the form of “L” with two directions: northeast and southeast. Much of the year all meals can be made on the terrace, and from the kitchen there is a large window that facilitates the preparation and collection of the meals. In one of the wings of the terrace, you can have a hammock from which you can read, sleep, or just relax, with a beautiful ocean view.
The living room has a comfortable sofa for three people (it is also a bed 135 cm wide), and a folding table for 6 people. As most of the time you can make meals in the terrace, table can be closed and there is more space in the living room.
The kitchen is equipped with hob, oven, microwave, refrigerator with freezer, cooker hood, coffee maker, toaster, and kettle.
The master bedroom has glass doors out to the terrace. The bed is 185 x 135 cm, and has ample wardrobe. It has also TV.
The second bedroom, also very bright, has two beds of 180 x 90 cm.
Between the two bedrooms it is the bathroom, with bath, sink, bidet and toilet.
The house has iron and hair dryer. It has WIFI and garage.
Torrevieja is a town located in the Costa Blanca, south of Alicante. It has several beaches of white sand and clear water and is surrounded by the protected Natural Park of the Lagunas de la Mata and Torrevieja, 3700-hectare natural area.
The distinguishing feature of the park are its two large salt lakes (Laguna de Torrevieja and Laguna de La Mata) where are flamingos and many other species. Due to the proximity of Salinas, Torrevieja has a microclimate that attracts many tourists from northern Europe spend the winter here.
In recent years Torrevieja has been developed as a tourist destination first class, mainly because of its 320 days of sunshine and average temperature of 18° C, its white sand beaches and clear water, squares and parks, the promenade and historic monuments as the Modernist Casino of the early twentieth century, and outdoor theater “enclosure of the Eras de la Sal”.
The international airport of El Altet (Alicante) is 47 km. And the international airport of Murcia-San Javier 35 km. Torrevieja has good communication by bus to Alicante and Murcia.
Torrevieja is also known by the Roman pier, which is located in La Mata. And the headlights called El Moro and La Mata, used in medieval times to warn the inhabitants from pirate attacks.
Another famous attraction of Torrevieja is the variety of festivals organized here every month. Some of the most famous are the Carnivals they attend thousands of people dressed satiric and humorous way forming a crowd of color and good humor. Easter draws crowds to the streets, roads become popular religiosity. The Good Friday procession at night is the most revered and admired in the East Coast Spanish.
In Torrevieja there are 5 beaches (playas) and natural pools at sea:
- Playa de El Acequión (750 m from the apartment): it is protected by breakwaters, so the sea is always calm and ideal for children to swim.
- Playa del Cura (1,9 km from the apartment): beside the Juan Aparicio avenue. This beach has Qualitur ratings Quality, ISO 14000, ISO 9000 and Blue Flag. In the summer evenings at this beach are typical “Habaneras Evenings”: many people come here to listen Habaneras.
- Playa de los Locos (2,4 km from the apartment): its name comes from an old mental hospital that was built nearby. This beach also has clear warm waters and fine white sand. It is north of Torrevieja and also has Qualitur quality certification, ISO 14000 and ISO 9000.
- Playa de los Náufragos (1,7 km from the apartment): south of the town. It has a promenade, car parking and is wheelchair accessible. It has the Qualitur, ISO 14000, ISO 9000, Ecobeaches and Blue Flag certifications.
- Playa de la Mata: is a quiet beach located on the outskirts of Torrevieja.
- Natural pools in the sea on the Paseo Maritimo Juan Aparicio.
To the south of Torrevieja, the coast is full of white sand beaches and crystalline waters: excursions deserve to visit them and test them. Also the Mar Menor (35 km) is ideal for water sports, and Lo Pagán (25 km) for relaxing and medicinal mud baths.
From Torrevieja you can visit Benidorm (113 km), Alicante (60 km), Cartagena (62 km) and Murcia (67 km). There are buses to all these destinations.
The largest shopping center of Alicante was opened in 2012 just 5 km from Torrevieja: it is called “Zenia Boulevard” and has 5,000 parking spaces for cars, around 150 stores like Zara, Guess, Benetton, White, most Store European Primark, H & M, C & A, Druni, Alcampo, Decathlon, Leroy Merlin, etc. There is a large play area for children, a casino, a huge TV screen wil to watch sporting events and other sports. The mall, built outdoors, itself worth a visit and a walk.
Torrevieja area is ideal for cycling because it is completely flat.
Near Torrevieja there are also some interesting cultural visits: Elche (46 km) with its “Palmeral” and “El Misteri” that in August 2012 was rated as World Heritage, Murcia with the museum of the famous sculptor Salzillo (70 km), the Roman city Cartagena, and Orihuela (35 km) where the famous poet Miguel Hernandez was born.
Around Torrevieja there are many Golf Courses. Some of them:
- Las Ramblas (Dehesa de Campoamor, less than 20 km)
- Lomas de Campoamor (Dehesa de Campoamor, less than 20 km)
- Las Colinas (Dehesa de Campoamor, less than 20 km)
- Villamartín (Dehesa de Campoamor, less than 20 km)
- Roda Golf (San Javier, 35 km)
- Golf La Finca (Algorfa, less than 20 km)
- Golf Vistabella (Orihuela, 16 km)
- Golf La Marquesa (Rojales, less than 20 km)
- La Manga Club (La Manga, 70 km)
Mª Carmen and José Manuel are the owners of this beautiful penthouse. They live in Orihuela, just 20 km from Torrevieja, and they bought the apartment some years ago to spend summers with their daughters. Now that children are older and they use to spend summers in a cottage near Orihuela, they have decided to share the apartment with people around the world who want to enjoy the mild climate of Torrevieja, and the comfort of the apartment.
So many good memories of watching their daughters grow make them continue keeping this apartment with care.
Registration number: AT-449506-A