“TERRACE TO THE SEA” is a bright apartment in front of the sea, in a privileged site of Torrevieja: between the beaches of El Cura (350 m) and Los Locos (150 m). In front of the building there is also a pleasant and quiet Promenade.
The apartment has a very nice terrace facing the sea, from which it takes its name. Orientation of the terrace is southeast. In addition to sunbathing, it is very pleasant to read, have breakfast or have a snack, as it has a table and chairs, and two comfortable armchairs.
The living and dining room, with exit to the terrace, has a comfortable sofa for 3 people, and an armchair. There is a white table in front of the TV. There is also a dining table for 4 people.
The kitchen is equipped with ceramic hob, oven, microwave, refrigerator with freezer, dishwasher, extractor hood, coffee maker, toaster, and kettle. Next to the kitchen, in a small gallery is also the washing machine.
The master bedroom has a beautiful window to the sea – you can see sunrise while lying down-. It has a bed 135×190 cm, and a large wardrobe.
In front of this bedroom, there is another one with window to an inner courtyard. It has a trundle bed with mattresses of 90×180 cm, wardrobe and a cabinet with drawers.
Between these two rooms it is the main bathroom, with bathtub, sink, bidet and toilet.
The third bedroom, with window also to an inner courtyard, has another trundle bed (above mattress 90×180 cm, and below one 80×180 cm), wardrobe and drawers.
Next to this room there is a bathroom with only sink and toilet.
In the house there is iron, hair dryer, and travel cot. It has WIFI.
The building has a swimming pool (for adults and children), and a pleasant courtyard.
“TERRACE TO THE SEA” has an unbeatable location inside Torrevieja. Apart from being between two of the main beaches in Torrevieja, within 10 minutes walking distance, you will find all the necessary services (shops, pharmacy, restaurants, etc.), and open all year round.
Torrevieja is a town located in the Costa Blanca, south of Alicante. It has several beaches of white sand and clear water and is surrounded by the protected Natural Park of the Lagunas de la Mata and Torrevieja, 3700-hectare natural area.
The distinguishing feature of the Park are its two large Salt Lakes (Laguna de Torrevieja and Laguna de La Mata) where are flamingos and many other species. Due to the proximity of Salinas, Torrevieja has a microclimate that attracts many tourists from northern Europe spend the winter here.
In recent years Torrevieja has been developed as a tourist destination first class, mainly because of its 320 days of sunshine and average temperature of 18° C, its white sand beaches and clear water, squares and parks, the promenade and historic monuments as the Modernist Casino of the early twentieth century, and outdoor theater “enclosure of the Eras de la Sal”.
The international airport of El Altet (Alicante) is 47 km. And the international airport of Murcia-San Javier 35 km. Torrevieja has good communication by bus to Alicante and Murcia.
Torrevieja is also known by the Roman pier, which is located in La Mata. And the headlights called El Moro and La Mata, used in medieval times to warn the inhabitants from pirate attacks.
Another famous attraction of Torrevieja is the variety of festivals organized here every month. Some of the most famous are the Carnivals they attend thousands of people dressed satiric and humorous way forming a crowd of color and good humor. Easter draws crowds to the streets, roads become popular religiosity. The Good Friday procession at night is the most revered and admired in the East Coast Spanish.
In Torrevieja there are 5 beaches (playas) and natural pools at sea:
- Playa de El Acequión (750 m from the apartment): it is protected by breakwaters, so the sea is always calm and ideal for children to swim.
- Playa del Cura (1,9 km from the apartment): beside the Juan Aparicio avenue. This beach has Qualitur ratings Quality, ISO 14000, ISO 9000 and Blue Flag. In the summer evenings at this beach are typical “Habaneras Evenings”: many people come here to listen Habaneras.
- Playa de los Locos (2,4 km from the apartment): its name comes from an old mental hospital that was built nearby. This beach also has clear warm waters and fine white sand. It is north of Torrevieja and also has Qualitur quality certification, ISO 14000 and ISO 9000.
- Playa de los Náufragos (1,7 km from the apartment): south of the town. It has a promenade, car parking and is wheelchair accessible. It has the Qualitur, ISO 14000, ISO 9000, Ecobeaches and Blue Flag certifications.
- Playa de la Mata: is a quiet beach located on the outskirts of Torrevieja.
- Natural pools in the sea on the Paseo Maritimo Juan Aparicio.
To the south of Torrevieja, the coast is full of white sand beaches and crystalline waters: excursions deserve to visit them and test them. Also the Mar Menor (35 km) is ideal for water sports, and Lo Pagán (25 km) for relaxing and medicinal mud baths.
From Torrevieja you can visit Benidorm (113 km), Alicante (60 km), Cartagena (62 km) and Murcia (67 km). There are buses to all these destinations.
The largest shopping center of Alicante was opened in 2012 just 5 km from Torrevieja: it is called “Zenia Boulevard” and has 5,000 parking spaces for cars, around 150 stores like Zara, Guess, Benetton, White, most Store European Primark, H & M, C & A, Druni, Alcampo, Decathlon, Leroy Merlin, etc. There is a large play area for children, a casino, a huge TV screen wil to watch sporting events and other sports. The mall, built outdoors, itself worth a visit and a walk.
Torrevieja area is ideal for cycling because it is completely flat.
Near Torrevieja there are also some interesting cultural visits: Elche (46 km) with its “Palmeral” and “El Misteri” that in August 2012 was rated as World Heritage, Murcia with the museum of the famous sculptor Salzillo (70 km), the Roman city Cartagena, and Orihuela (35 km) where the famous poet Miguel Hernandez was born.
Around Torrevieja there are many Golf Courses. Some of them:
- Las Ramblas (Dehesa de Campoamor, less than 20 km)
- Lomas de Campoamor (Dehesa de Campoamor, less than 20 km)
- Las Colinas (Dehesa de Campoamor, less than 20 km)
- Villamartín (Dehesa de Campoamor, less than 20 km)
- Roda Golf (San Javier, 35 km)
- Golf La Finca (Algorfa, less than 20 km)
- Golf Vistabella (Orihuela, 16 km)
- Golf La Marquesa (Rojales, less than 20 km)
- La Manga Club (La Manga, 70 km)
Elena and Manuel are the owners of this nice apartment. Both were born in the north of Spain, but they are lovers of the sun and the light of the Mediterranean, especially Torrevieja. They live here since years.
They bought this apartment to live here when retired. But now that they have just retired, they spend long periods in their homeland in the north of Spain, and they have decided to share the apartment with people from all over the world who want to enjoy the wonders of the Mediterranean, which they discovered years ago.