- Free WiFi
- Washing machine
“Window to the sea” apartment is located in a fifth floor in a building with a new elevator, at the promenade in Torevieja, close to the sport Port. It has an spacious terrace facing the sea and the port. You will sleep with the sound of the waves.
It is a 120 sqm apartment with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms (both with bath). The apartment faces the sea and it is well ventilated. It is very fresh in summer.
The kitchen is well equipped with a new electrical kitchen, microwave, dishwasher, toaster and kettle. There is a 32”TV.
In Summer time apartment is noisy during the evening and night because it is installed a funfair nearby
Torrevieja is a town located in the Costa Blanca, south of Alicante. It has several beaches of white sand and clear water and is surrounded by the protected Natural Park of the Lagunas de la Mata and Torrevieja, 3700-hectare natural area.
The distinguishing feature of the park are its two large salt lakes (Laguna de Torrevieja and Laguna de La Mata) where are flamingos and many other species. Due to the proximity of Salinas, Torrevieja has a microclimate that attracts many tourists from northern Europe spend the winter here.
In recent years Torrevieja has been developed as a tourist destination first class, mainly because of its 320 days of sunshine and average temperature of 18° C, its white sand beaches and clear water, squares and parks, the promenade and historic monuments as the Modernist Casino of the early twentieth century, and outdoor theater “enclosure of the Eras de la Sal”.
The international airport of El Altet (Alicante) is 47 km. And the international airport of Murcia-San Javier 35 km. Torrevieja has good communication by bus to Alicante and Murcia.
Torrevieja is also known by the Roman pier, which is located in La Mata. And the headlights called El Moro and La Mata, used in medieval times to warn the inhabitants from pirate attacks.
Another famous attraction of Torrevieja is the variety of festivals organized here every month. Some of the most famous are the Carnivals they attend thousands of people dressed satiric and humorous way forming a crowd of colour and good humour. Easter draws crowds to the streets, roads become popular religiosity. The Good Friday procession at night is the most revered and admired in the East Coast Spanish.
In Torrevieja there are 5 beaches (playas) and natural pools at sea:
- Playa de El Acequión: it is protected by breakwaters, so the sea is always calm and ideal for children to swim.
- Playa del Cura: beside the Juan Aparicio avenue. This beach has Qualitur ratings Quality, ISO 14000, ISO 9000 and Blue Flag. In the summer evenings at this beach are typical “Habaneras Evenings”: many people come here to listen Habaneras.
- Playa de los Locos (2,4 km from the apartment): its name comes from an old mental hospital that was built nearby. This beach also has clear warm waters and fine white sand. It is north of Torrevieja and also has Qualitur quality certification, ISO 14000 and ISO 9000.
- Playa de los Náufragos: south of the town. It has a promenade, car parking and is wheelchair accessible. It has the Qualitur, ISO 14000, ISO 9000, Ecobeaches and Blue Flag certifications.
- Playa de la Mata: is a quiet beach located on the outskirts of Torrevieja.
- Natural Sea Pools: just in front of the apartment. It is really the big pool where swimming in the Mediterranean sea. In the Paseo Maritimo Juan Aparicio.
To the south of Torrevieja, the coast is full of white sand beaches and crystalline waters: excursions deserve to visit them and test them. Also the Mar Menor (35 km) is ideal for water sports, and Lo Pagán (25 km) for relaxing and medicinal mud baths.
From Torrevieja you can visit Benidorm (113 km), Alicante (60 km), Cartagena (62 km) and Murcia (67 km). There are buses to all these destinations.
The largest Shopping Center of Alicante was opened in 2012 just 5 km from Torrevieja: it is called “Zenia Boulevard” and has 5,000 parking spaces for cars, around 150 stores like Zara, Guess, Benetton, White, most Store European Primark, H & M, C & A, Druni, Alcampo, Decathlon, Leroy Merlin, etc. There is a large play area for children, a casino, a huge TV screen wil to watch sporting events and other sports. The mall, built outdoors, itself worth a visit and a walk.
Torrevieja area is ideal for cycling because it is completely flat.
Near Torrevieja there are also some interesting cultural visits: Elche (46 km) with its “Palmeral” and “El Misteri” that in August 2012 was rated as World Heritage, Murcia with the museum of the famous sculptor Salzillo (70 km), the Roman city Cartagena, and Orihuela (35 km) where the famous poet Miguel Hernandez was born.
Around Torrevieja there are many Golf Courses. Some of them:
- Las Ramblas (Dehesa de Campoamor, less than 20 km)
- Lomas de Campoamor (Dehesa de Campoamor, less than 20 km)
- Las Colinas (Dehesa de Campoamor, less than 20 km)
- Villamartín (Dehesa de Campoamor, less than 20 km)
- Roda Golf (San Javier, 35 km)
- Golf La Finca (Algorfa, less than 20 km)
- Golf Vistabella (Orihuela, 16 km)
- Golf La Marquesa (Rojales, less than 20 km)
- La Manga Club (La Manga, 70 km)
Mark Morris and Kathryn Tullos are native Texans who love the climate, the terrain, the food, the wine, and – most of all – the people of the Costa Blanca. In fact, the countryside inland from Torrevieja reminds us very much of the Texas Hill Country, west of Austin, where we have lived the last 30 years. But in Austin we don’t have the Mediterranean at our doorstep.
We love this place and welcome you!
Registration number: AT-456204-A