- Air Conditioning
- Free WiFi
- Washing machine
“CARMEN” It is an apartment decorated in a very cozy and functional way, with all the comforts. It is located next to the beach, only 30 meters away.
It has a bedroom with a beautiful color and a double bed of 150x200cm.
A modern kitchen is equipped with everything you need, ceramic hob, oven, microwave, refrigerator with freezer, extractor hood, toaster, and kettle (kettel). The thermos is electric.
The washing machine is located in the bathroom, in which there is also a shower-tub, sink and toilet.
In the living-dining room there is a table with chairs for 4 people, and a comfortable 4-seater sofa also in front of the TV.
It has air conditioning unit with heat pump.
In the apartment there is a hair dryer, iron and ironing board. It has WIFI.
The balcony has outdoor furniture: a glass table and 2 chairs -sinks. There is also a sofa bed that measures 135x190cm.
“CARMEN” It is in front of the Arenal-Bol beach, at only 30 meters, it is a beach of fine sand, one of the best in Calpe. On the seafront, the most central beach of Calpe, with good access.
From this point you can perfectly see the Peñón de Ifach Natural Park in the background.
This beach, with blue flag for several years is wide and quiet, with clean waters and nice sand, very familiar. It measures 1,600 meters.
It has deck chairs and umbrellas. The beach best adapted for people in wheelchairs.
The promenade allows you to get from the historic center to the seaport in a pleasant tour to enjoy its famous seafood dishes in the many restaurants and beach bars that are on the promenade.
Calpe is south of Moraira and north of Altea, in the Marina Alta district.
Traditionally, it was an agricultural population, which produced almonds, raisins and carob beans; Its economy also relied on fishing and salt extraction, from its natural saltworks, since Roman times. However, since the last century the start of the coastal axis of the town has begun. Later, and little by little it has been turning into a tourist municipality. Ernest Hemingway stayed here in the 60s.
The most obvious reference of the calpina geography is the Peñón de Ifach, declared a natural park by the Valencian Government in 1987. The municipality has many beaches and coves of very good quality and highlights its bay.
The typical parties of Calpe are “the Moors and Christians” (from October 22 to 25) but in turn and due to the presence of immigrants from northern Europe, there are small samples of festivities from abroad, such as the Oktoberfest, typical of Bavaria.
- San Juan’s bonfires. June 23.
On the Arenal-Bol beach. The shortest night of the year is celebrated coinciding with the summer solstice and many rituals are carried out rooted in ancestral customs.
Calpe is 57km from Alicante, 19km from Benidorm and 122km from Valencia, and is therefore an easily accessible destination.
Calpe can be reached:
- From the north, from Benisa and Teulada, and from the AP-7 toll road, exit 63, which connects with the N-332 road.
- To the south, from Alicante, Benidorm, and Altea, by exit 64 of the AP-7 toll road, which connects with the N-332 highway.
There is a bus (departure from the bus station) that goes to the airport of El Atlet, Alicante.
To arrive by plane the nearest airport to Calpe is the Altet (Alicante), about 76 km away. Another important airport is Manises (Valencia), located 129 km away.
All the beaches and coves of Calpe stand out for the excellent quality of its waters. Most of them wave the Blue Flag, which is a recognition of the level of quality and excellence of the conservation and services they provide: first aid and surveillance, hammock service, waste collection and access for the disabled
We can highlight the following:
– Playa de la Fosa: located to the north of the Peñón de Ifach, it is of fine golden sand and has an extension of 2000 meters. The sea allows the practice of scuba diving with a multitude of underwater species to see.
– Playa Cantal Roig: located next to the port and the Peñón de Ifach. Sheltered from the Levante winds. Perfect to go with children. Small (200 meters) and fine sand.
– Cala del Mallorquín: cove of great beauty and not much occupation. Located north of the coast of Calpe and close to the Puerto Deportivo Les Basetes. It is a rocky platform suitable for diving and fishing. This narrow cove gives way to calm, clear and crystalline waters.
– Cala Les Basetes: Stone beach that is perfect for diving, as its waters are calm and offer great visibility. In addition, you can learn sailing at your school or enjoy a day of total tranquility, since the occupation is low. Located in the marina of the same name. It is pebbled and has an area of 100 meters.
– Cala Racó del Corv: Accessible only by sea, located south of the coast of Calpe. This beach with sand and pebble is suitable for diving and fishing. It has an area of 100 meters.
Among the main places of interest, it is worth mentioning:
- Parque Natural del Peñón de Ifach.. Symbol of the Costa Blanca. Spectacular rock with fauna and incredible views. It rises in the sea as calcareous rock of about 50,000m² at 332m height and one kilometer in length. Linked to the land by a narrow isthmus, it is the result of a landslide from the nearby Sierra de Oltá, constituting one of the most singular and beautiful geographical features not only of the Valencian Community, but of the entire Mediterranean coast. It is a meeting point for climbers and divers from all over the world, who make use of their resistance in continuous challenge to nature by its walls and depths. At your feet are the ruins of the Pobla de Ifac, a medieval city walled. The Red Wall is an emblematic building similar to a castle designed by the Spanish architect Ricardo Bofill.
- Cala del Peñón. This beach is accessible by a small path in the northern part of the Rock. It is a rocky platform suitable for diving and fishing. It has an area of 100 meters.
- Baños de la Reina Archaeological Site: Roman site that includes marine pools carved in stone. It is a rectangular enclosure divided into six compartments by a longitudinal wall and two transversal ones. It also has four channels for water entry. It is a complex of nurseries communicated with each other and with the sea. The compartments could conserve different species of live fish, whose purpose could be consumption. The dating corresponds to the late Roman period (IV-V century AD).
- Castillo- Fortaleza: Adjacent to the Mascarat ravine are the ruins of the Muslim Castle of Calpe. It is the remains of a lookout tower built at the end of the sixteenth century to prevent the attack of Berber pirates. There are still remains of the base of the canvases of the wall and of the cisterns excavated in the rock.
- Enginent Park: this recreational area is located one kilometer from the urban center, in the urbanization of the same name. In this green area with an extension of 4.700m² the ecological park of native species in which the existing trees and shrubs have been respected, has leisure and sports facilities, children’s leisure areas, barbecue, fountain, adequate furniture and toilets.
- Vallesa Park. This recreation area occupies an area of 10,000m². It is located in the urbanization La Merced, near the church of the same name. The site, duly signposted, forms a green area of great ecological value, populated by trees and vegetation of the region.
- Las Salinas. they are located in the same urban nucleus and close to the Peñón de Ifach Natural Park, a decisive factor for the formation of this humid zone. It has an area of 41.08 ha. in which there has been a salt exploitation since Roman times.
They are part of an old bay closed by the formation of a transversal barrier to the waves. Currently you can see this barrier of fossil dunes that joined the Rock of Ifach with the continent, forming a tombolo of what was once an island.
The vegetation of this ecosystem is adapted to withstand the high saline concentrations of soil and water. The fauna is composed mainly of migratory birds, which find this point as a place of rest and supply of the food resources they need in the migratory periods.
Salinas of Calpe from El Peñón.
- Club de Golf Ifach. Distance: 12 Km. Calle Micheta, 5, Ctra Moraira to Calpe, Km, 3. Urb. San Jaime, 03720 Benissa. Opening hours: from 8:00h to 20:00h
Phone: +34 966 49 71 14
- Meliá Villaitana Golf Club
- La Sella Golf
- Altea Club de Golf
Throughout the province of Alicante there are many theme parks. There you can enjoy, with the smallest of the house or with friends, the animals as well as refresh in their pools.
We highlight some of them:
- a) WATER:
– Terra Mítica, Aqualandia, Iberia Park, Aqua Natura. Located in Benidorm.
– Pola Park. Located in Santa Pola (89,4km) by AP-7 and A70.
- b) ANIMALS:
– Terra Natura, Mundomar, located in Benidorm.
– Safari Aitana, located in Carretera Alcoy-Villajoyosa, km 20 (CV-785)
03815 Penáguila, Alicante
Phone: +34 965529273 – +34 659520409
Carmen is the owner of this beautiful apartment. She currently resides in Hellín, Albacete.
She bought this apartment some time ago and takes care of it and maintains it with care. She has decided to share it with people from all over the world who want to enjoy the excellences of Calpe.
Registrtion number: AT-462650-A