Torrevieja - Sea Pools Apartment
“Sea Pools” is a 55 m2 cosy apartment in Torrevieja city center, just 100 m from the sea, with a large terrace from which you can see the sea.
Within five minutes’ walking distance you will find all services: supermarkets, pharmacy, commerce, the ice-cream shops and restaurants of the Promenade, and the pedestrian areas and prime shopping of Torrevieja town center. The bus station is only 500 m away.
The apartment has a large living room with a dining table for 4 people, a sofa with 3 comfortable seats and a TV. The sofa is a sofa-bed. It has an air conditioning unit (hot and cold) which serves the entire apartment.
The living room provides access to the terrace of 13 m2, facing east with sun from mid-morning until noon. The terrace is a pleasant place for breakfast, a snack, reading, or simply lounging. From the side of the terrace you have a view of the Mediterranean.
The kitchen has a pass-through bar open to the dining room table, and is fully equipped with a ceramic cooktop, vent hood, microwave, refrigerator with freezer, kettle, coffee maker, and toaster, plus the washing machine.
The bedroom has a 190×150 cm bed, a large built-in wardrobe and window to the terrace.
The bathroom includes a combination shower/bathtub.
The house has WIFI.
Parking is available in the Plaza de Oriente garage only a few steps away.
Torrevieja is a town located in the Costa Blanca, south of Alicante. It has several beaches of white sand and clear water and is surrounded by the protected Natural Park of the Lagunas de la Mata and Torrevieja, 3700-hectare natural area.
The distinguishing feature of the park are its two large salt lakes (Laguna de Torrevieja and Laguna de La Mata) where are flamingos and many other species. Due to the proximity of Salinas, Torrevieja has a microclimate that attracts many tourists from northern Europe spend the winter here.
In recent years Torrevieja has been developed as a tourist destination first class, mainly because of its 320 days of sunshine and average temperature of 18° C, its white sand beaches and clear water, squares and parks, the promenade and historic monuments as the Modernist Casino of the early twentieth century, and outdoor theater “enclosure of the Eras de la Sal”.
The international airport of El Altet (Alicante) is 47 km. And the international airport of Murcia-San Javier 35 km. Torrevieja has good communication by bus to Alicante and Murcia.
Torrevieja is also known by the Roman pier, which is located in La Mata. And the headlights called El Moro and La Mata, used in medieval times to warn the inhabitants from pirate attacks.
Another famous attraction of Torrevieja is the variety of festivals organized here every month. Some of the most famous are the Carnivals they attend thousands of people dressed satiric and humorous way forming a crowd of colour and good humour. Easter draws crowds to the streets, roads become popular religiosity. The Good Friday procession at night is the most revered and admired in the East Coast Spanish.
In Torrevieja there are 5 beaches (playas) and natural pools at sea:
- Playa de El Acequión: it is protected by breakwaters, so the sea is always calm and ideal for children to swim.
- Playa del Cura: beside the Juan Aparicio avenue. This beach has Qualitur ratings Quality, ISO 14000, ISO 9000 and Blue Flag. In the summer evenings at this beach are typical “Habaneras Evenings”: many people come here to listen Habaneras.
- Playa de los Locos (2,4 km from the apartment): its name comes from an old mental hospital that was built nearby. This beach also has clear warm waters and fine white sand. It is north of Torrevieja and also has Qualitur quality certification, ISO 14000 and ISO 9000.
- Playa de los Náufragos: south of the town. It has a promenade, car parking and is wheelchair accessible. It has the Qualitur, ISO 14000, ISO 9000, Ecobeaches and Blue Flag certifications.
- Playa de la Mata: is a quiet beach located on the outskirts of Torrevieja.
- Natural Sea Pools: just in front of the apartment. It is really the big pool where swimming in the Mediterranean sea. In the Paseo Maritimo Juan Aparicio.
To the south of Torrevieja, the coast is full of white sand beaches and crystalline waters: excursions deserve to visit them and test them. Also the Mar Menor (35 km) is ideal for water sports, and Lo Pagán (25 km) for relaxing and medicinal mud baths.
To the North there are also the extensive sandy beaches of Guardamar del Segura (11 km) and Santa Pola (30 km), which also has the Natural Park of Salinas de Santa Pola, an area with a wide variety of flora and fauna, with a great ecological value.
From Torrevieja you can visit Benidorm (113 km), Alicante (60 km), Cartagena (62 km) and Murcia (67 km). There are buses to all these destinations.
The largest Shopping Center of Alicante was opened in 2012 just 5 km from Torrevieja: it is called “Zenia Boulevard” and has 5,000 parking spaces for cars, around 150 stores like Zara, Guess, Benetton, White, most Store European Primark, H & M, C & A, Druni, Alcampo, Decathlon, Leroy Merlin, etc. There is a large play area for children, a casino, a huge TV screen wil to watch sporting events and other sports. The mall, built outdoors, itself worth a visit and a walk.
Torrevieja area is ideal for cycling because it is completely flat.
Near Torrevieja there are also some interesting cultural visits: Elche (46 km) with its “Palmeral” and “El Misteri” that in August 2012 was rated as World Heritage, Murcia with the museum of the famous sculptor Salzillo (70 km), the Roman city Cartagena, and Orihuela (35 km) where the famous poet Miguel Hernandez was born.
Around Torrevieja there are many Golf Courses. Some of them:
- Las Ramblas (Dehesa de Campoamor, less than 20 km)
- Lomas de Campoamor (Dehesa de Campoamor, less than 20 km)
- Las Colinas (Dehesa de Campoamor, less than 20 km)
- Villamartín (Dehesa de Campoamor, less than 20 km)
- Roda Golf (San Javier, 35 km)
- Golf La Finca (Algorfa, less than 20 km)
- Golf Vistabella (Orihuela, 16 km)
- Golf La Marquesa (Rojales, less than 20 km)
- La Manga Club (La Manga, 70 km)
Mark Morris and Kathryn Tullos are native Texans who love the climate, the terrain, the food, the wine, and – most of all – the people of the Costa Blanca. In fact, the countryside inland from Torrevieja reminds us very much of the Texas Hill Country, west of Austin, where we have lived the last 30 years. But in Austin we don’t have the Mediterranean at our doorstep.
We love this place and welcome you!
Registration number: AT-464623-A