Torrevieja - Floris Terrace
Flori´s Terrace is a new 4 bedrooms 2 bathrooms high quality apartment with a big terrace at just 100 meters from the beach. The kitchen is completely equipped with oven, microwave, toaster and kettle. It is in a first floor without elevator. You will be sunbathing at the terrace at just 5 minutes walking from the beach.
This apartment is very close to supermarkets and restaurants. And it has a car park.
Torrevieja is situated next to the sea in the south of the Valencian Community and it boasts lots of beaches, a natural park and salt lakes where there is an abundance of flamingos and other wildlife. Due to the vicinity of the salt lakes, Torrevieja benefits from a microclimate that has been a long favourite with the Spanish and Nordic tourists who come year after year for its beneficial effects.
Alicante, the provincial capital is about 47 Kms away, and the international airports of El Altet and San Javier are about 35 Kms away.
In recent years Torrevieja has become a first-class tourist location, it boasts 360 days of sun a year and an average temperature of 18°C. There are many beautiful beaches, squares, walks, parks, gardens and other natural beauty spots, as well as some wonderful historical monuments such as the “Modernist Casino” which dates from the begining of the century and has a famous hall in the mozarabic style; the “Recinto de las Eras de la Sal” an open, air theatre.
Torrevieja is also well known for its outstanding port, the remains of which can still be seen in La Mata, called the embarcadero Romano, or Roman docks. Along the coast are the ancient watchtowers called El Moro and La Mata, used in the Middle Ages to warn the coastal inhabitants of attacks by Barbary pirates.
One of the main attractions to Torrevieja are the variety of festivals which take place every month. Some of the most popular events in Spain are the Carnavals in which thousands of people join in, forming a light show of colour, satir and good humour. The Holy Week attracts lots of people into the streets, converting these into huge paths of colour penance and popular religiosity. Good Friday at night is one of the most venerated and admired festivals on the Spanish eastern coast.
There are 4 beaches in Torrevieja and some natural pools in the sea:
- Playa del Cura: close to Paseo Maritimo Juan Aparicio, at the north of the city. This beach has been awarded Qualitur, ISO 14000, ISO 9000 and Blue Flag. On the afternoons in summer it is typical the “Habaneras afternoons”: lots of people go there to listen to Habaneras music
- Playa de los Locos:it has this name due to the old madhouse that was build nearby. This beach has also warm and clear water as well as white sand. It is located at the north of Torrevieja and has been awarded Qualitur, ISO 14000 and ISO 9000.
- Playa de los Naufragos:at the south of the city. It has a promenade, car park and it is wheel chair accessible. It has been awarded Qualitur, ISO 14000, ISO 9000, Ecobeaches, Blue Flag.
- Playa de la Mata: it is a quieter beach situated out of Torrevieja.
- Natural poolsat Paseo Maritino Juan Aparicio, and also at the dock just in front of the apartment.
To the south the coast is also full of lovely beaches to explore. The beautiful Mar Menor inland sea which is ideal for water sports and Lo Pagan for the mud bathing.
The famous La Manga strip is only a short drive or ferry away. Visits to Benidorm, Alicante, Cartagena and Murcia are recommended and can be made with the local coach trips companies at reasonable prices.
The biggest commercial mall in Alicante was opened in 2012 at just 5 kilometers from Torrevieja: Zenia Boulevard Commercial Centre with 5000 car park spaces, over 150 shops including Zara, Guess, Benetton, Blanco, Europe´s biggest Primark, H&M, C&A, Druni, Alcampo, Decathlon, Leroy Merlin, etc. For entertainment value there is a children´s large play area, casino, a bowling alley, an enormous TV screen showing football and other sports. The centre itself is a pleasure to walk around. And also recommend visiting the new and beautiful toilets.
The local area is ideal for cycling: if you are interested I can give you information about renting bikes.
Close to Torrevieja there are also some “must se” cultural sites: Elx with its “Palmeral” (palm trees) and “El Misterio” in August that was named Human Heritage, Murcia with Salzillo sculptor, the Roman Cartagena and Orihuela where the famous poet “Miguel Hernandez“ was born.
In 50 kilometers around Torrevieja there are many golf courses:
- Las Lomas de Campoamor
- Roda Golf (San Javier)
- Golf La Finca (Algorfa)
- Golf Villamartín (Orihuela)
- Mar Menor Golf
- La Manga Golf Club
- Club de Golf Las Ramblas de Orihuela
- Corvera Golf
- Golf La Marquesa (Rojales)
- La Torre, El Valle y Hacienda Riquelme Golf Courts
- La Tercia Golf
- Mosa Trajectum
Flori´s father built the building where the apartment is located and gave one apartment to each of his sons and daughters. After many years having their holidays here Flori´s prefer to spend her holidays with her grandchildren.
Reg number: VT–442851–A